Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Our Staycation





This is a word I read on a magazine describing a vacation where you stay in your hometown. Well we did just that for 24 hours. Planet Hollywood resort was giving 2 free nights to locals and we took them up on the offer. We went down one night swam and had dinner at the pool. Then we took of for the strip. I don't think I have been down there walking around since the first year we moved here, which was 9 years ago. Anyway, the kids loved all the lights and action going on. We walked over to the Bellagio and watched the waters there. I have never seen them and can I say, WOW! I loved them. I could have sat there all night. Then we walked into the atrium at the Bellagio. K, very pretty, way too crowded for my taste. I think that is why we don't venture down to the strip all that often. I hate crowds! I get ornery and worry that one of my oh-so-obedient kids is going to get lost or worse snatched. Anyway... Mason loved the trains and we had a hard time pulling him away once it was time to go.

Needless to say, that no one slept well that night, which is why we only did the one night. Benn went to work in the morning and we and made it to the pool by ten and stayed until lunch. Then we headed to our room for some food and a nap for Mason. I told Kamryn and Carter that if they pretended to be asleep then we would watch a movie in the room. Mason fell asleep quickly as did I. Good thing my cell woke me up. I hate naps! We then watched a movie, which I can't even remember the title now, in the dark and cold room. It was fun to snuggle into the warm comforter and just relax and watch the TV. I never get to do that at home.

When Benn made it back to the hotel after work, the kids and I had walked around the Mall a couple times and snacked on soft pretzels. I was ready to go home, but I really wanted to see the waters again and so did the kids. We bargained with them. If we ate dinner at the resort and then checked out and went home to sleep, we would take them to U-Swirl on the way home. For our kids that was a no-brainer. They took the frozen yogurt. After all they are MY kids!

All in all it was pretty fun. It would have been MORE fun if some friends would have come and played with us. Maybe next time.

3 comments:

Rosander said...

Sounds like a nice Staycation... So can't believe that you haven't seen the water show... Wow you really don't get down to the strip do you? I'm glad that you got to finally see it!

annilee said...

K I got the flier too, and thought about it for a second. Now after seeing your cute pics, I'm thinking that we now need a staycation! Looks like fun! Call me next time!

Jolin said...

What a great idea - especially in LV where there is so much to do.

Sounds like a fun time!