Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Happy Birthday to me!


I love birthdays! I think they are or should be the best day all year. I love getting gifts for my family and friends on their birthdays, going out to celebrate and even phone calls. This year did not disappoint. Although, I still had the my motherly duties to attend to - teaching my swim lessons, seeing Kamryn's play at school and more swim lessons for my kids at the rec. center later - it was a good day. I had phone calls from my family and a couple of friends who remembered as well. Benn brought home dinner and a yummy ice-cream cake. He let me relax the night away, reading and watching 'So You Think You Can Dance.' Then on the weekend, we got a babysitter and Benn took me out. We tried a new restaurant at Caesar's Palace called Joe's. It was so delicious and ohhh I loved my fillet mignon!! Then we went to see a movie and of course frozen yogurt to end the night. It was a great couple of days.

If you are wondering where Carter is in the picture, he was spending the week in SLC with Nana and Pa.

6 comments:

Amy Barlow said...

Happy Late Birthday. I'm glad you had a great one !
Amy B

Jolin said...

Happy Birthday! I agree, that birthdays should be lots of fun and I think the celebration should last a minimum of a week.

annilee said...

Happy Birthday to you!!!

jenni bishop said...

Happy Birthday!!! Glad you had fun!
Love, Jenni

Kittyrunner said...

Yay! Happy B-day Amy! Birthdays are the best. I totally agree!

Rosander said...

I hope it was a good one! Right now you are soaking up the sun and loving every minute of it I'm sure in Powell. I love your cake... it's so cute!