Sunday, August 24, 2008

Lake Powell - part 2

The Lake Powell I described in the previous post is one of the past. It is much different now. I realized that the first time we took Kamryn at 2 months of age. I wasn't as free to go on the boat skiing whenever I wanted or go on 3 hours boat trips up the lake to Dangling Rope. I couldn't sleep whenever I wanted or go lay out and soak up the sun. I have not missed a year of Lake Powell since my first voyage at age three and I don't plan on it either. It is still my favorite place to be with or without kids. I enjoy the skiing, swimming, boating and sun at a much less intense pace, but I have added seeing my kids excitement upon seeing the lake the first time as we are approaching, watching my kids take their first jump off the house boat or trying to waterski for the first time, having them ask me if they can swim without their life-jackets while I sit and watch, settling an fight about who gets to sit in the very front & center of the boat and being giddy about sleeping up on top of the house boat. Yes, Lake Powell is still well worth the trip.

Here are many pictures of our trip...

Don't they look tired? I don't get it... it's only six in the morning!

Just some cute pictures of Kamryn and Carter


My Dad making sure the boat doesn't drift away or touch the sand for an extended period of time. Can you believe that boat is an '87! Still runs great!

When you gotta go, you gotta go! Jody helping her son, Beckham relieve himself as only 3-year olds can do.

Carter really wanted this picture taken of him... do you think he is model material?

Mason just looking cute!

Kerry and Kamryn. Kamryn was getting too much sun so I gave her my sunglasses and put on this bandana. She looks like a gansta cutie

Jody and her 3 month old son, Liam.

Beckham and Mason finding their little hide-out underneath one of the bedrooms. A spot just for them. Can you tell they have been eating cheetos?

Liam, Chelsey, Me and Kerry

Kerry reading Breaking Dawn

All the girls, except for my mom, were reading Breaking Dawn. You get the picture... We were a little crazed about vampires, although the book was a let down, we did enjoy it.

Kamryn and Carter chillin' in a bottom bedroom

All the kids feeding the ducks at six in the morning. This is what we would do so we didn't disturb those who were still trying to sleep. We would walk down the dock to the marina with our bread in hand and feed the fish and ducks that were always near by.


Chelsey and Mark

Mark was so good with all the kids. Poor Mark and Chelsey had to endure endless crying, tantrums, arguing... and that was just the moms!

Me and my sisters

My mom. She is such a trooper putting up with all of us. This is not a trip for those looking for peace and quiet. It is one with little sleep, lots of noise and a diet coke in hand!

Mark and Carter flexin' and Chelsey throwin' gang signs

I saved my favorite picture for last. These two little guys had so much fun together. They were up in the front of the boat laughing during this ride and I had to get their picture. Of course they fought over all the toys each one had brought, but then were sad to say good-bye to one another at the end of the trip.

Thanks Mom and Dad for a great trip! You are so great to put up with all the commotion that we bring. The kids had a blast and Mason keeps asking when we are going to Lake Powell again.

2 comments:

Rosander said...

Sounds like the trip was a blast! We are looking forward to going down in a few weeks, this just gets me more excited! I loved the pictures!

Jolin said...

What a fun family trip!

I have only been to Powell once and it was absolutely beautiful. I hope to take my kids there one day.