Saturday, September 13, 2008

Happy Birthday, Jody!


My sister, Jody is turning 29 today. And since I am never around for my siblings birthday's I guess I have to resort to dedicating a blog post just about them. This is not such a bad thing, since I have a wonderful family and I cannot say enough great things about them. So here I go about my sister, JODY! She is a great sister who can relate to me and my grips with my kids and being a mother. It is fun to talk to her and sympathize with each other about so many things. During this summer I spent a week with Jody and her two boys in SLC hanging out every day. My mom and other sister were gone and my brothers and dad went to work every day, so it was the two of us and our kids. We had a blast just being together and helping each other out. I think she did much more of the helping than I did. For example, I had a wedding that I was attending and just as I was about to leave for the ceremony, I opened a diet coke that had been cooling in the freezer. Needless to say, the soda exploded in my hands and ruined my perfect "day" outfit. I ran upstairs to change into what I was going to wear that night and when I came down, now 15 minutes late, Jody had me a new diet coke and a snack to take with me. That was nice just in and of itself. Well, while I was downtown with the wedding party, Jody had washed and ironed my outfit so that I could wear it that night. She watched my kids all day, while I did wedding stuff. She was so helpful that day as she always is. Jody is just like my mom that way. They both enjoy serving others and don't think twice about it.

Another thing I admire about Jody is her determination to excel in whatever she chooses. Several years ago, Jody went through a major trial in her early 20's. At the time she was attending hygiene school at Weber State College. Weber has the best hygiene school in the state of Utah and it's a difficult program to get into. Jody managed to maintain her straight A's during her schooling there despite hardships in her life. She persevered and came out on top. I was amazed at her poise and maturity during that time. I am so glad that she is now happy and is a great wife and mother. She loves her family and friends and is always fun to be around. She has a casual perspective on life and doesn't take herself or anybody else too seriously. Jody is a roll-with-the-punches kind of girl.

I hope you have a great birthday. I love and miss you!

3 comments:

Rosander said...

What a thoughtful post! I'm lucky to have such awesome in-laws!

Rosander said...

i have to wait until february for my dedicatory post?

Jer + Lu said...

Gosh- I think it's been about 10 years! Thank goodness for Facebook and blogs, right? So fun to see your cute family. Tell that sweet sis of your to jump on the bandwagon so I can see what she's been up to too :) Take care, Laura Gygi Gleed