Well, the first week of school went off without a hitch. I was super excited to have school begin and it was so nice not having the Kindergarten time frame to work around. Mason and I ran errands and did our thing without having to be home at any particular time. Mason started to miss Kamryn and Carter the first day. He would ask about Carter and where he was and when he was coming home. When Kam and Carter did get home, Mason was ready to play and often got in the way of their homework and relaxation or should I say TV shows?
The first day, Carter was a little nervous about first grade. Which is so funny to me, since I never think he actually knows what's going on. He was asking a lot of questions and wanted to make sure he would get his recess on the BIG playground that day. Kamryn was more than helpful to walk Carter to his room the first day. I didn't even need to get out of the car and fight the crowd that first day. It was very nice to drive in and drive back out.
Now comes all the homework and after school activities. I'm not so sure that I'm ready for that. I work better when I have a schedule to keep to, but summer was so nice without having to run to tennis, soccer and dance and keep up on the homework and reading. But, we are welcoming the new school year and all that it brings.
2 comments:
Sounds like things are going well. How do you like their teachers? let me know how you are liking your dance class. I bet you're an awesome teacher. I hope you're getting more sleep.
Wow, look at you going crazy with the posting! Way to go! I like the staycation idea. I need to know how to get in on these local discount stuff.
Post a Comment