Sunday, May 25, 2008

Wrapping up Mother's Day - Finally!


I have been wanting to finish up my thoughts on Mother's Day and here is what I really wanted to write about - my own Mother. She is one of a kind and I feel so blessed to have been raised by her. If she has a fault it may be that she cares so much for her children and wants them to be happy. This may sound kind of silly but when I say my prayers, I have often prayed to know what my mom would do or I have prayed to be like her. My mom is the definition of patience. Something that does not come easy for me. I admire this quality in her so much. She is all about serving others and has been such an example of this my entire life. If anyone needs a meal, babysitting, a party to host or plan, a ride somewhere, or any kind of charity work, my mom does it and does it well. She really enjoys being selfless. I remember when I had my first child and she would wake up in the middle of the night and sit with me while I nursed my baby girl. I would tell her that we didn't need to both be tired the next day and to go back to bed. Most times she would stay with me until I was done. Then she would burp Kamryn while I went back to bed. It drove me crazy some nights, but I love that she stayed with me supporting me and being there, sitting in silence so I knew I wasn't alone. What can I say? She's the best! I love you Mom.

2 comments:

Rosander said...

She is one amazing lady, Hu?

LaRae said...

What a great tribute to your mom! I don't blame you for praying to be like here. I want to be like her too!