How often does a Mom of three get to get away for a few days by herself and do whatever she wants? The answer is not enough!! It took some serious creative planning and several babysitters to pull this one off. Thanks to Meagan, Angie, Dayna and Sarah for helping me with my kids! Oops! I almost forgot my husband (actually I did forget, I am writing this after the bulk of it has been posted). I was fortunate to have three and half days to myself about a week ago. What had started off as a possible trip up to Women's Conference at BYU, turned into something way more fun - at least for me it was! When one of my close friends decided that she could not make the trip to women's conference, I had decided to go anyway and throw my childhood BFF a bridal shower. So of course I had to plan some extra days to spend with my family. Can I just say, that I had a such a good time talking, laughing, staying up late and just sitting without being interrupted by my responsibilities as a mother and wife.
Here are some, no, ALL of the highlights:
Thursday - Got dressed to work out, but said, "What the heck? I will play with my nephew instead." We played legos while Jody was at a doctor's appointment being told she is not even close to birthing a baby soon even though it was her due date! Went out to lunch with my Mom and sisters, Jody and Kerry. Isn't that always a given when you get girls together? Had a diet coke at 4:00pm cause I didn't have to go to sleep that night at any particular time. Met five former Las Vegas friends who now reside in SLC for dinner. I am so bummed that my camera died at this point, but my gal friends that I dined with were, Kim, Alicia, Lori, Amberly and Eddis Lyn. It was Kim's birthday so just another reason to get together. Rushed back to meet my sisters and Mom for a 9 o'clock movie, "Baby Mama." That movie was so hilarious! Love those SNL girls!!
1 comment:
Sounds like it was so much fun! I wish we could have suck around longer to spend some-more time with you. I hope you had fun. It sounds like you did.
Post a Comment