Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Happy Birthday, Benn!


It was Benn's birthday this past weekend, May 25th to be exact! I absolutely love birthdays and I think they should always big a big to-do. Well, when your birthday falls in the summer, like mine, over a holiday weekend, which Benn's always does and a Sunday there is not much we can do. I think Benn had a good couple days though. On Saturday Benn and I went shopping just for him. He really needed some new clothes and I didn't even try on a thing, although I really wanted to! Then later that evening we managed to gather some good friends and go out to dinner. We had dessert at our house afterwards where we sang, "Happy Birthday." It is really not a birthday unless you are sung to. Sunday, the real b-day, was great too. Although, I was the one who slept in, I tried to make up for it later by letting Benn have time to read, relax and snooze. We also had a yummy roast, potatoes, carrots and yes, another cake. Just a side note, that was the third cake I had made in a week and by the third one I was out of creativity as you can see by the picture. Sorry Benn!! The kids gave Benn some presents and their own home-made cards. It was a great day in my opinion. My 36 year old husband is still looking good and I am so grateful that he agreed to be lined up with me 12 years ago so he could sweep me off my feet!

1 comment:

Rosander said...

We are so lame. We were going to call him and by the time we got home and got Molly into bed, I just totally spaced it. Don't worry I space a lot of important things these days. I like to blame it on the baby sucking up my brain cells, but what excuse do I have when the baby comes, but this is coming from the one who can't remember our anniversary, I am always thinking it's the 10, so tell Benn Happy late Birthday from us lame brains here in Salt Lake.