On Sunday, we attempted to watch general conference as a family. I'd say it worked for the first two speakers and then it fell apart. We found a bingo chart online to play with while watching with words like, Christ, family, tithing, missionary, etc. Whenever that word was spoken we would fill in that box. Well, by the second speaker everyone had bingo. I guess we needed a plan B. Oh well, it was nice while it lasted. I was impressed with how many apostles my kids recognized. I don't think I could have ever named as many when I was a kid. I will have to thanks our great primary presidency for that one.
I always remember watching general conference as a family. Sometimes as a teenager I would claim to be "listening" on the radio in my room, while I straightened up and organized this and that. But for the most part we seemed to be together, at least on the Sunday sessions. Of course, everyone always had a weak moment and dozed off once or twice while watching. I just love conference, though. Not only do I love the messages of hope, encouragement, long-suffering, and the list goes on and on, but I also love the feeling of being together with my family. Listening to the Lord's servants and chosen prophet just make me want to become of better mother, sister, friend and wife. Until next time...
1 comment:
I love it too! I never as a kid would have thought that I would be saying that, but I can't wait for Nov Ensign to come out! P.S. did you get a new table? Welcome home. I can't wait to see your post on Hawaii.
Post a Comment