Sunday, March 16, 2008

Is it really the happiest place on earth?

As a Christmas present, we gave our kids Disneyland tickets. We decided to go the first week of February and beat the spring breakers. We drove down on a Sunday and spent three days at Disneyland and California Adventure. To say the least, the trip got off to an onery start. We didn't sleep much the first night at our hotel, so the next day, our first day at the park, was full of tears and bickering. My mom came with us to help with crowd control - what a trooper she was! She was probably so sick of us by the time she made it back to snowy SLC. The kids had a great time once we got some sugar in them and diet coke in us! Kamryn was proud of herself for going on Space Mountain, something that she was too scared to do two years ago. Carter enjoyed all the "outdoor" rides. He did not enjoy all the rides we coaxed him on where we got into a moving car, boat, or whatever that took us into a dark abyss where there was sure to be loud noises, things jumping out at you, jerky turns, and unexpected drops. By the last day he had lost all faith in us as parents and wouldn't even go on the Winnie the Pooh ride. I guess we pushed him too far! Mason was able to see Mickey Mouse and Buzz Lightyear - two of his favorite Disney characters. By the time we got home, we were so sick of greasy food and welcomed our comfy beds. We definitely got our Disney fix for the next couple of years!





4 comments:

joshua carlson said...

keep it up. I loved getting caught up on you and your family a little bit

Rosander said...

I love the Pics. I can't wait to take our kids, I know Kris can, but I really look forward to doing fun stuff like this with my kids. What a cute family. I love Benn's hair cut, and we look forward to seeing you soon!!!!!

Rosander said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

We love Disneyland. We were there is February too.