Monday, December 15, 2008

My Weekend


I cannot remember when I stayed up so late both weekend nights. I am so old for saying that, but it is so true. I love my sleep! We had our ward Christmas party this past Friday night. I helped set up for it in the morning and by the time I got home that afternoon, I felt my cold coming back. While setting up, some friends and I talked about going to see the Twilight movie again after the party, hoping to enjoy it better. So off I went, tired and crazy to be going to a 9 o'clock movie. It was just the same as before, but I noticed different things. For instance, Jasper is actually good looking when he's not concentrating on Bella being in the same room as he is. I caught the "olympic size" comment about men on the swim team stuffing their speedo's. And there are the same opinions as before, such as, bad bad bad hair color on Rosalie, Jasper, and Dr. Cullen. Edward still looks funny when Bella comes into Biology for the first time and when she walks into the school's office after class. Hilarious!!! Anyways, I had a good time with my gals, but didn't get to bed before midnight. Serious bummer since I felt my cold coming back.

Saturday - woke up to fighting. My favorite way to wake up, especially when I wasn't able to sleep in. Packed to leave for Anaheim. Benn and I were off to attend the KHS&S annual holiday party. This company Benn works for flew us down to So. Cal, put us up for the night and flew us home the next day. It was a quick trip, but nice to be with Benn. We decided to rent a car once we flew into Ontario so that we could go and visit some of Benn's friends. Benn grew up not too far from the airport and so we had lunch at "his" In & Out. He sat down and was just smiling remembering all the good times he had there. While we were driving around, I was getting an ear full about what happened at this place and that place. Although it wasn't my first time in Benn's old stompin' ground and I had heard most of the guided tour, I sat and listened to him reminisce. It was fun to see him get excited about the fond memories he had growing up.

That night we got all dressed up for the party. We showed up just after six, just in time for cocktails and mingling. This was not so much fun. Especially when we don't know anybody and don't drink. What was fun though, was the people watching! I wish I could have just stayed in the corner and had the room slowly circle so I could see all that was going on. I loved seeing all the choices of clothing chosen for this eventful night. The Mormons were easily spotted. We were the only ones with sleeves and no cleavage and we all looked to be more reserved than the rest, I'm sure. When we finally sat down for dinner, we managed to sit on the "Mormon" table as we were informed. So we visited with a couple that Benn already knew and met some other nice people as well.

At last when the dinner and awards were over, we were able to leave. We didn't want to stay for the long-haired-wanna-be-Van Halen band that set up after the program was over. We decided instead to meet some of Benn's old friends for more food at Friday's. It was fun to catch up and talk, although by this point I was drained and had that delayed courtesy laugh when there was something funny to laugh at.

Again another late night, which made for a very exhausted Sunday. I managed to sleep in, but it didn't help. I felt hung-over and looked worse than that. We managed to get cleaned up and drive back to Ontario to catch our flight. On the way we stopped at another friend's house to kill some time before we had to leave. I wish I would have taken some pictures of our friends whom we haven't seen for several years, but being as tired as I was I was proud of myself for not falling asleep at their kitchen table. And by this point my cold, was in full swing again. What's with the never ending smoker's voice and congestion?

I had a great time being with Benn and actually having time to talk without being interrupted. And we have some great friends who watched our kids and entertained them more than we ever do in a 24 hour period. Now it's back to the pre-christmas grind.


Love these fries!


What's better than a double double with grilled onions?

2 comments:

Kittyrunner said...

Way to go, Amy! I hope you recover soon (from the cold and sleep). :)

annilee said...

I feel ya on the choices of dresses at the Christmas party! Look at my blog! I felt so out of place in my outfit! I stood out like a sore thumb! Looks like fun!