Friday, June 13, 2008

Happy Father's Day



To Benn,

You are the best father I could ever imagine for my children. I knew it that you would be a great father ever since our first date when you were so playful with your neice and took the time to roll around with her and have fun. Our children are so blessed to have you as their Dad. Thank you for balancing out the parenting role in our house. Thank you for being fun and always willing to play with the kids. Thank you for being the calm one. Thank you for being the silly one. Thank you for being the one to make the kids smile even when they are in trouble. Thanks for being the one they want when it's time for bed. Thanks for teaching them life lessons and teaching them the gospel. And most importantly thanks for being such a wonderful example of what a father should be. I love you!


To Dad,

Thanks for making me who I am. I am grateful for all you have taught me throughout my life. Thanks for teaching me to waterski at such a young age and pushing me to do it even when I didn't want to. Thanks for sharing your love of outdoor activities with me. Thanks for helping me with my math homework and also helping me turn my C+ grade in World Geography to an A. Thanks for sitting in my room with me in high school while I sobbed about my latest boy crush. Thanks for building me up and making me feel beautiful. Thanks for instilling me the importance of education and getting good grades. Thanks for teaching me to be a hard worker and to value the things I have. Thanks for teaching me the importance of obedience and service to others. Thanks for always being there to help in any way you can. Thanks for being my Dad! I love you.

1 comment:

Rosander said...

That was so nice. I love Fathers day!