Sunday, June 21, 2009

Field Trip


I accompanied Kamryn on a field trip to UNLV where she sang in a festival with the Honor choir from her school. I rode on the bus with her and sat with her during the festival. She was excited to get out of school and have me on the bus with her, although I'm not sure why. I guess I should milk it for all it's worth because one day she really won't want me going on field trips with her. I'm glad I was able to go just because she wanted me to. The music was good too. There were a handful of schools there and I was very impressed with how well all the kids did. Kamryn has taken a liking to singing and wishes she could be a star like Hannah Montana or Celine Dion. A couple years ago I splurged and took Kamryn to see Celine Dion's show. I loved everything about the show and at one point I asked Kamryn, "Don't you wish you could be a dancer up on stage?" She replied, "No I would want to be singing like Celine Dion!" I guess a girl can dream!

1 comment:

Rosander said...

Fun! You know it is amazing how fast time files. It seems just like the other day when we all went out to eat at Training Table and Kam was just learning how to walk. So crazy! Now my baby is that age and Kam... Well hello! She is really growing up! Glad that you got to spend that time together.