It has been three years since we have been to the beloved beach house in Baja. Our schedules in the past several years have kept us from making the nine hour journey from our home, south across the Mexican boarder and then more south into Baja. We were excited to go and hoped for great weather and lots of fun in the sun. Our five day vacation did not disappoint. Benn's parents caravanned with us and made our trip that much more lively. We had plenty of wind, but that didn't stop us from riding the three and four-wheeler, playing on the deserted beach, searching for sea shells, boogey boarding, reading and relaxing as much as we possibly could. It was a fabulous trip and we couldn't have asked for more. Although when it came the day to leave, Kamryn and Carter had a great idea of how we could stay longer. They wanted Grandpa to drvie Benn back to Las Vegas for work and then we could stay the beach house another week and a half longer with Grandma. Sounded good to me :)
Kam posing during a low tide
This is my favorite picture of the trip. Mase had such a good time on the beach and the sand didn't bother him a bit. He loved playing in the water too even though it was a bit cold when the wind blew.
Carter loved riding the little 4-wheeler all around the beach and on the trails by the house. One day the wind was blowing so hard that sand was getting in his eyes so he put on the mask from his snorkle gear and kept on riding.
Mase hangin with Grandma and Grandpa out on the patio reading
During the low tide we like to go to shell beach and see the thousand upon thousands of shells. This is Carter and Grandma with their buckets finding many large sand dollars and other beautiful shells to take home.
Benn, Grandpa and Kam at the shell beds
Benn and Grandpa went fishing one calm morning and this is what Benn brought home and that's what he ate that night.
This is where we would spend hours playing on the beach, reading, flying kites, and soaking up the sun with nobody else in sight.
High tide was the most fun. The water came up and the kids could play in the water and have soft sand under their feet. They liked to have Benn dig a hole up the beach and wait for the water the come in by the rising tide.
The birthday celebrations continue with our third cake. I am so sick of cake!
At night it was fun to sit by the fire and roast marshmallows and eat smores. We played the "I'm going to Baja and I'm taking..." game. Carter made up the craziest things to take and I was surprised that Grandpa and Kamryn could remember them, cause I sure couldn't!
I think this may have something to do with 'Speed Racer' the movie
Kam was the only one who successfully built a sand castle
I have been wanting to get this first one on video for a very long time. It all started when he started watching the movie, Tarzan. He would crawl around on all fours and roar like the gorillas. From there it turned into a horse. He now likes the movie, Spirit. Mason says that he is Gentleman (?) the horse. He gets down on all fours all the time and cruises. I think it's the most funny thing ever. He loved doing this at the beach cause he could see his shadow while he "galloped" around.
4 comments:
This looks like a lot of fun & so peaceful & relaxing! Mason is a pretty impressive "galloper" . I can't believe he can move so fast like that - too cute!
That is cute! Looks like such a great vacation! I'm glad you guys could go!
K that is so funny! I couldn't stop laughing! What cute kids you have!
I love all of your photos. The water looks gorgeous...what a fun trip!
Post a Comment