Friday, February 6, 2009

Kind words

I have noticed reading my friends blogs lately that there seems to be a whole lot of love going on between siblings and their parents. Maybe it is the month of February that has got everyone being so nice to each other, but I thought that I would add to this love fest with some of the kind words that come out of the mouths of my children everyday! Yes everyday, I hear their sweet voices echo love is all around us in the Brindley home. The following are the most popular:

"That's not fair!"

"Not right now!"

"I don't like that."

"In a minute..."

"Whatever!"

"Why do I have to?"

"But, but, but..."

"OK! Fine!"

And my ever so favorite,

"NO!"

Whenever I hear these words come out of my three angels' mouths I know how much I mean to my kids and that they really do love me... deep down... really deep down. I know they especially love me when followed by one of these comments are scowling, stomping, doors slamming, fists being thrown, tantrums or the most popular, crying. How can I not give all that mushy love right back at them? I know... I am the luckiest mom alive!

1 comment:

Rosander said...

Oh, it's nice to know our house is not the only house with these sweet and kind words:)!