Sunday, February 1, 2009
Funny Carter moment
Today in church, Carter had to say the opening prayer in primary. Before primary started we went over some things he could say in his prayer like, "we're thankful we could come to church..." and "please help us to listen to our teacher." Well, I should have just left well enough alone and let him do his own thing. I think I made him nervous because he wanted me to come and help him with his prayer. I told him that he was too old for me to whisper in his ear and I didn't want Mason to see me. Side note: Mason started going to primary in January and he doesn't enjoy it. His class sits in the front row and he has decided to protest by laying on the floor rather than sit in his chair. Back to the Carter story... Anyway, Benn and I were watching from outside the primary room door which faces the podium at the front of the room where Carter would be saying his prayer. Carter gets up to say his prayer and he starts off strong, but then forgets what he is saying. He started to get frustrated and opened his eyes a tiny bit and then instinctively I started mouthing something he could say. Hello?!? Like he could even see my lips and read what I was trying to help him with. So Carter loudly whispers, "What did you say?" Of course I start laughing along with Benn and the other three adults in the hallway. I felt so bad for getting him all frustrated and then leaving him high and dry. Thanks to our friend, Marla, who jumped right in and helped Carter finish his prayer. Next time, we will have to practice a bit sooner or I should let Carter do his thing and not interfere. That could be comical too, who knows?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment