Monday, November 10, 2008

Kauai


Yes, we again had a great opportunity to go to Kauai, thanks to my parents and their ability to hook us up with some fabulous accommodations. Our friends, the Herleans, went with us and made the trip much more exciting. We had lots of fun, eating until we were stuffed and then making oreo shakes and eating those until we literally wanted to puke. We watched many episodes of TheOffice, had a tetris competition, of which I came in last place, played tennis, kayaked, did a rope swing and relaxed. Aaaaahhh! We explored some new parts of the island that we had not seen before and we managed to come back with a decent tan, despite several days of clouds and rain. It was a great trip and we saw my parents there too. What a coincidence! No, we knew they were going to be there. We had dinner with them one night and visited them at their resort one day before we all went on the river. It was great to be away for a couple days and leave our stressful lives at home. I would love to spend an extended stay there and live for a year there, just to get into that island life. My kids would love it, and I would go so far to say that I would even dare home school them for that year, while we explored the island, became beach bums and learned to surf. We would have to live in a complete dive because it is so expensive to live over there, but we would make it work. Enough of my day dream... but it is sure fun to think about!
Note: If you put the cursor over the side-slow a caption will come up.

5 comments:

Kittyrunner said...

Too much fun! If I get to go sometime, you'll have to tell me about those places!

Rosander said...

Looks like you have some fun new places to take us next time we are there! I'm so glad you had fun. I'm ready to go after looking at all of those pictures.

jenni bishop said...

Ok, so I'm totally crying right now!

annilee said...

How fun! I'm so jealous!!!

Jolin said...

Sitting poolside in the sun with a book in Hawaii sounds like heaven. Glad you had fun!