Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Hawaii Day 7 - Kipu Falls

Although this is not our last day in Hawaii, it is the last day anyone took pictures apparently. Day 8 was the day we checked out and caught the red-eye flight home, but we had plenty of time to play and take pictures, so not sure what happened there.

Anyway, We went to Kipu Falls on Day 7 which is a fun place. It is a quick drive from Poipu, so everyone was happy about that. At the falls, there is a rope swing that is fun and exhilerating to do. The drop is very high and if you don't land just right in the water, then you can end up slapping some part of your body or give yourself an enema! I did the rope swing twice then hurt a couple toes climbing back up, which caused me much pain for the rest of the trip. Limping with three swollen and throbbing toes for 3 days was such the highlight, but at least I didn't lose any toe nails!


This is me peeking out just before swinging out.


You can't tell from the pictures how far of a drop it is, just let me assure you that it really gets your heart pumping!

Ben and Kerry climbing up the ladder after doing the swing.


After we were done at the Falls, we laid back at the Waiohai and took lots of pictures, most of which won't be posted since they were mostly really cheezy!


My cute sister, Jody. I love this picture! Even though she is 6 months pregnant here, she looks great!


At some point during the trip, I told Benn that I would like a pina colada from a kind caring person, who would buy it for me, but not tell me how much money was spent on it because that would ruin it for me. So the last full day of our trip with my toes killing me while I try to soak in some more sun, Benn walks up with a strawberry daquari. A close second to pina colada, but I may have actually said mixed drink. I truly can't remember. Just happy to have my drink. Although, when the credit card bill came, I did find out how much that drink cost. Really??? Why so much?

This is Duke's. It has come to be a tradition to dine here on our last evening on the island. We all look forward to this meal, but it is a little bitter-sweet since we know that the next day we leave. This meal did not disappoint! Mmmm, so good!!

My fabulous parents

All the guys posing with their Hula Pies. Another yummy tradition.

Walking around the Marriott Beach Club in Lihue where Duke's is located

I just realized that this is the only picture of the very last day. We ate at the Marriott Beach Club before we got on the airplane. This is all the ladies in front of the Koi Pond.

Until Next time...

1 comment:

Kittyrunner said...

Looks so beautiful! What a fun trip!! Hope all is well with the fam.