Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Christmas Day

Here are the kids in their pj's, which they opened Christmas Eve. I always loved getting pajamas on Christmas eve. I think it was the excitement of being able to open one gift the night before the big day actually arrived. I absolutely love Christmas time! I wish I could keep my decorations up all year, get cards in the mail each day, bake yummy goodies and wrap presents. It's so much fun and now I'm back "in the swing of things" and I miss all the excitement of the holidays.

I think it's funny that Mason requested a stick horse for Christmas. I wish Kamryn and Carter's list could have been that easy and inexpensive! Kamryn actually bought this for Mase and he loved it. He galloped around all day with it. I think Kamryn liked giving such a perfect gift to someone. I love that she is getting into buying gifts with her own money and wants to find just the right thing. It was fun to take her shopping and see her pick out things that her brothers might like and then finally decide. She's a sweet girl and a perfect big sister!
I just realized that this picture is of a different horse that Mason received. He loves this horse just as much, maybe a bit more. He likes to have this horse with him when he leaves the house to go to a friends house or when we are running errands. The horse for some reason has to lay in the very back of the suburban with no seat belt. I mean... I know the horse is a bit big for a stuffed animal to carry around all the time, but come on! Where is the love?
This has been on every list that Carter has made since January of last year... until recently when his list started getting more expensive. When this gift from Santa was opened Carter said that he didn't even ask for it! Well, I think Santa has had a sneak peak at the many list that were created this year and decided that this was a do-able gift. And guess what? He loves it!

This Santa gift wasn't on Kamryn's list either. I guess he just knew that she needed a new racket since Carter has been using hers and she has been using one of her coach's. She was excited and was looking forward to hitting in the new year.

You can never go wrong with R/C jeeps!

And the big Santa gift to all us Brindley's. Too bad Santa didn't know it needed another Wii remote to go with it. Right now we are all practicing our drums and guitar. The vocals will have to wait until wii remotes get stocked once again at the stores.

1 comment:

Kittyrunner said...

It looks so dark in all of your pictures...I hope that was just the camera and not the fact that you were opening presents at 4 in the morning or anything. :)