Tuesday, December 1, 2009

A New Day

Today is December 1st and it started off well. I have to admit that lately I have been a bit "bi-polar." Not sure what to pin it down to, but I have several theories. One of which was my lack of consistent exercising. So today I set off the gym first thing once I got the kids off to school. Oh, how I need those endorphins! I love the sunshine and I vow to spend more time outside while it is still warm. Thus, my latest commitment to run in a Ragnar Relay with a good friend. I have never been a runner, but I'm kind of excited to train for it. I know those of you who have run marathons are probably laughing at my excitement, but for me this is a big step. I have never had the desire to run... outside. I started running a couple weeks ago, and I still haven't figured out how this is fun for lots of athletes. Maybe when my legs get stronger, I'll find that joy in running.

Another thing that I think has been missing is my lack of connecting spiritually. I love going to church each Sunday, but alone from that, I have to say that Monday through Saturday have been anything but spiritual. I have let my life get in the way. Feelings of self-pity, and stubbornness have crept in. I feel like I have been fighting new trials in my life, rather than trying to work through them. Particularly, Carter and his autism. I hate to say it, but sometimes, I think it just bites to have a special needs child. It's harder to communicate and be patient with a child who's brain doesn't work like mine. I'm not sure at all why I was chosen to be this child's Mom, cause I'm definitely not doing a stellar job at the moment, but in time, I hope that changes.

So instead of waiting until January to make my new year's resolutions, I have begun today. I will keep them to myself... that way you won't know when I fail. But you can probably guess a couple of them.

Now, on to positive thinking and doing!!!

4 comments:

Rosander said...

so the running... honestly it's an acquired taste, i promise and with Carter... there is nobody better for him than you. Someone has a lot of faith and trust in you to send you such an amazing boy! I know not something you want to hear, but you're amazing!

JoAnn said...

Hang in there, cutie. You are simply awe-some. I love your tenacity and determination to make things better. *ah* What a great example you are, even in down times!

Kierstin said...

Amy, it was so good talking to you today. I am SO sorry for all that you and your family are and have been going through...so sorry. I am so sorry about your dad, I can't imagine how hard it must be. I will keep him and your family in my prayers. Please let me know if there is anything I can do. Your kids are so cute! ((((HUGS))))

Jer + Lu said...

I'm so impressed you started running! Are you doing the Wasatch Back or Vegas Ragnar? I'm doing the Wasatch Back this year. Maybe I'll see ya there!